The WEFTEC® 2014 Call for Abstracts, which includes the call for Stormwater Congress abstracts, is open until Dec. 2. The Stormwater Congress and WEFTEC 2014 will be held Sept. 27 to Oct. 1 in New Orleans. Topics submitted through the Call for Abstracts should be mature and proven. Include ideas, concepts, or lessons learned that are transferable, and discuss the consequences and relevance of the project, program, or regulatory update. Submissions on hot topics and regulatory issues are especially welcomed. The Water Environment Program Committee is seeking stormwater topics in the following areas specifically:
- Green Infrastructure specifics for wet, arid, or cold climates;
- Effectiveness of stormwater treatment processes;
- TMDL strategy and compliance;
- Designing stormwater capture, storage, and recovery as a water supply;
- Stormwater utilities: separate or combined;
- Maintenance programs: private and public facilities;
- Community policy and participation; and
- Designing for coastal water rise and weather resiliency.
For information on formatting requirements and submission guidelines, please visit www.weftec.org/abstracts.