The Water Environment Federation Stormwater Institute (SWI) in cooperation with the Ohio Water Environment Association and Sanitation District No. 1 of Northern Kentucky is now soliciting submissions for abstracts, workshop proposals, and session proposals for the National Stormwater Symposium 2020, to be held March 15-17 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
This symposium focuses on excellence in sustainable stormwater management and is designed to deepen the technical knowledge of professionals involved with stormwater management and to provide a forum for leading issues in the sector to be discussed.
Abstracts, session proposals, and workshop proposals are being solicited for the following topics:
- Funding and Financing (e.g., Rate Structures, Stormwater Utilities, User Fees, Incentives, Public/Private Partnerships, Environmental Impact Bonds, Stormwater/Pollutant Credit Trading)
- Program Development, Management, Planning and Analysis (e.g., Life Cycle Cost/Benefit Studies, Economic Assessment, Integrated Solutions, Industrial Stormwater, Modeling, MS4 and TMDL Compliance)
- Training and Education (e.g., Community Engagement, Certification Programs, Technical Resources and Guidelines, Interdepartmental/ Interagency Collaboration)
- Innovation/Technology (e.g., Real-Time Controls, Emerging Technologies, Integrated Systems, Innovative Design)
- Post-Construction Control Measures (e.g., Stormwater Control Measures, Design Approaches, Green Infrastructure, Integrated Infrastucture)
- Construction, Inspection and Maintenance (e.g., Legal Frameworks, Construction Methods, Obstacles and Solutions, Monitoring, Asset Management)
- Resiliency/Sustainability (e.g. Urban/Suburban Flooding, Coastal Flooding, Climate, Extreme Weather, Hydromodification Challenges/Solutions, Urban Heat Island)
- Regulation and Policy (e.g. Watershed Planning, NPDES, Integrated Planning, Affordability)
- Case Studies